A Desert Song
(by Hillsong)

This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger in me
My God is a God who provides
And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames
And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here
And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've recieved I will sow

Monday, May 30, 2011

Lilly's friends and a South Asian Birthday Party!





Our sweet Lilly has made several friends here and she recently got invited to a birthday party for a 13 year old girl. Ella being a cute little doll, got invited as well, so I insisted we "girls" go (me included :)) We showed up at the girl's home, greeted by four girls who invited us in and we sat down and were immediately served a glass of soda and a glass of juice and a glass of water! They had typical indian snacks to eat and they sat and stared at us for almost 30 min, while I tried to make conversation and help Lilly not feel so awkward, Ella danced around and took on most of the attention.

The girl's parents finally came out from the back of the house and knowing little English, we mostly just smiled at each other. They cut and served a cake, and I thought it was about time to leave, but then they ordered pizza for us.... so, we stayed and ate pizza and after being there for about 2 1/2 hours, I thought we should go, but as we were getting ready to leave, Jonathan and the boys came to their door to drop off something. Immediately, the girls' parents invited them in and ordered more pizzas, so we waited 45 min for the pizza delivery, and Jonathan did his best to speak Hindi and talk politics with the father.

Once the pizzas arrived and they had served the children numerous rounds of coke and juice, they insisted on ordering "chocolate lava cake" from Dominos, and so we waited a short while for those to be delivered, the girl's parents began making some indian food for us and when Jonathan said he liked it, they made him several more indian treats!!!!!! IT was a PARTY to remember, we were served up and treated with much respect, and it was definitely a fun learning experience.

Since then, God has given the opportunity to share with these girls about Christ, and as we learn more about their roots, we pray for the Holy Spirit to give wisdom in sharing stories and truth with these girls who are hearing the Gospel for the first time. God is so good!!!!

1 comment:

alegna79 said...

What a great story!!! It gave me chills!!! I love the openness of the Indian people. Keep up the good work!