A Desert Song
(by Hillsong)

This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger in me
My God is a God who provides
And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames
And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here
And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've recieved I will sow

Thursday, May 31, 2012

A rare nap with the girls = a handcrafted moment





So, yesterday was a day of sickness in our house. Finley just got over having a quick virus and I caught it and was down for the day, it slowed me down and I actually got to take a good rest/nap with both the little gals. This never happens, first of all, I am not a big napper and secondly, Ella has not taken naps for a year or so and suddenly since the heat here is so exhausting, I have found her daily lying on the marble floor trying to cool off and then dozing into a good afternoon nap. Well, as they were fast asleep on each side of me, I just rested in the moment and gave praise to God for these little beauties!!! Words cannot express how much I love these sisters (as well as every one of our children!!) 




God blessed me gently during this time and reminded me of a sweet verse I love to pray over my girls,


Psalm 144:12 says, 


"May our daughters be like graceful pillars, carved to beautify a palace."


As a mommy to 3 girls, I seek God and ask that in His grace, I would build them up and lay a foundation for them of love, prayer, grace and humility. Each day I pray that I would be a polisher of their lives, that they would be "finely graved and beautifully polished, adorned with grace and good works, particularly with modesty, meekness, and humility."






Since living in India, we have bought several intricately carved pieces of furniture for our home. I imagine the time and thought that goes into the process of completing such a piece of art. A skilled craftsman uses his hands to create with such detail a beautiful decoration that adorns a room and catches the eye of those who are in the room. These earthly creations remind me that we have a Master Carver, One that intricately carves our lives if we offer them to HIM and He thoughtfully beautifies us in order that He may be glorified!






I really love this verse!!! And as beautiful as Lilly, Ella and Finley appear on the outside, it is my desire that as they grow and are carved by the Maker's hands, their words, actions and lives would shine Christ and that He is the true beauty that would be magnified each and everyday. 


It is a BLESSING to see Lilly in relationship with her Savior. God is at work in her and to see with my own eyes this verse lived out, it just makes me WORSHIP! Thank you, Father, for carving and beautifying from within!!!


No comments: