A Desert Song
(by Hillsong)

This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger in me
My God is a God who provides
And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames
And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here
And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've recieved I will sow

Saturday, February 5, 2011

The first month!!






IT is really hard to believe that we have been gone for over a month now!!!! The Father is so faithful, He shows us HIS faithfulness every morning as we wake up, we rise up and rejoice each day as He has been specifically teaching us about HIS love for us and that HE is our Sustainer! Each morning we look out and see the beautiful mountains, the magnificent sunshine, and hear the myriad of sounds around us (mostly horns and dogs!!!) But He reminds us that HE has sustained us for another day! We have really been so blessed....

We have begun language studies, going 3 days a week and then having conversation times during the other days. We really enjoy the challenge, it is good, and the Father pours out His grace over us again and again and again...!!!! We have wonderful teachers and they have become like family to us here! We also have a WONDERFUL house helper, she is great, she helps clean and cooks a delicious meal for lunch each day, it has been a true blessing as we are homeschooling and studying!!! We pray that she would see our Savior reflected every day and that she would come to love the Lord with all of her heart, soul, mind and strength!!!

We also have a couple of drivers whom we have built relationships with, and whom we practice our language with that the Lord has placed in our lives!

We have been broken deeply for the people here, those who have no home, no food, no hope.... When the reality hits each day, that this life we live was designed for a purpose, a sweet specific purpose of bringing glory to the ONE and ONLY, all we can do is just sing praise!!!! IT's only HIS grace.....

So many thoughts have been going through our heads, some are more deep than others :), but the Father has been teaching us continuously about HIS grace, HIS love for the poor, HIS comfort, HIS mercy on those whom HE has mercy, and it brings us to our knees...... we are so thankful for this first month here, it has been a big month of firsts!!!! And He has been stripping us down and showing us how to love, how to serve and what true humility is..... He has been showing us peace and comfort in the midst of chaos and inconveniences!

The children have not skipped a beat!!!! They have been doing great in their own studies, and have been learning language too! IT is the cutest thing ever to hear Ella speak to our house helper in another language! They have all made very sweet friends, and are very popular in the courtyard!!! There is a MCdonald's and a Pizza Hut nearby to get their fast food fix in for the month and they are teaching the native kids many new games and tricks!! (Jonny likes to climb alot and it always initiates a very big crowd!!) Their cheeks get pinched everywhere we go and they have even developed a heart for those around them who are less fortunate, it gives them sweet joy to give the other children some of their Mcdonalds or whatever they have!

We just got full time internet today, so we hope to update the blog more regularly! We also got our first package in the mail the other day, and it was like Christmas!!! (We got candy, mac and cheese, koolaid, cake mix, ranch and taco seasoning and much more!!!)

We also got to meet our newest baby niece on Skype a few days ago!! Bobby and Brooke had their sweet baby, Farrah, last week, and she is a doll, so beautiful!! It has been so hard being away from them and her, but we do appreciate Skype so much and know that it is a gift from the Father!!

There are so many details that I am sure we have forgotten, but I am sure a whole new array of things will happen this week that will make up for the ones forgotten!

No comments: