A Desert Song
(by Hillsong)

This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger in me
My God is a God who provides
And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames
And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here
And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've recieved I will sow

Monday, May 3, 2010

POWERFUL!!!!!






WOW!!! IT has been awhile since we last posted! We rejoice because God is FAITHFUL, STEADFAST IN HIS LOVE AND SPLENDID IN MAJESTY!! We are in the last few weeks of classes at Southeastern, and AMAZED at His work and His glory! It has been an adventure, a journey, a process of sanctification that comes from Christ alone!

I was thinking of Brax, sweet, funny, powerful BRAXTON! He has a very powerful voice for a 3 year old little lad! When he gets excited he gets louder! He is so precious in his expressable ways, he loves his brother and sisters and when he wants their attentions he gets them! But, it is in no comparison to the huge, beautiful, powerFULL voice of our Creator and Sustainer!
The voice of the Lord is powerful! His commands are powerful! His voice alone breaks us (it has broken me in my complacency), consumes us(it has consumed my thoughts, my thinking of this world and the need for a Savior for a world that is perishing) , instructs us (it has instructed my heart to love my husband with grace, to shepherd my children with love and mercy, and to seek with all that I am my Saviour every day), shakes us (it has shaken my works and intentions to the core), and strips us bare until we cry "GLORY!!" And as this sanctifying process occurs, He gives STRENGTH and peace to His people!(HE continuously has given strength to my weak soul and peace to my hungry heart just as HE has promised!

Without His voice we are powerless.... I want to hear His voice clearly, I desire to enlist in it, bathe in it, know it and to be stripped down, so that all I can do is ascribe to the Lord and worship in the splendour of holiness!! (Psalm 29) We have access to this daily, hourly, minutely, to worship in the splendour of Christ! This is real and this is HIS LOVE! How precious is the one who never changes, HIs power never diminishes, His LOVE is constant!

No comments: